Friday, December 5, 2008

Viva Mexico!


I am officially going to Mexico this spring! I got accepted into the study abroad yesterday! This means that I get to spend the first 3-4 weeks of spring term taking sociology and political science classes in Provo, then head down to Mexico for 3 weeks to apply what we learn about international development. We start in a medium sized city (Cuauhtémoc) and live with families and work with schools, orphanages, rehab centers for migrant workers, etc. Then we go to a smaller town and build schools, houses, and do whatever they need us to do. We spend the last week camping in the mountains and helping the incredibly rural and indigenous people with really basic things like digging irrigation trenches. The get time over the whole trip to explore and talk to people and do research for future projects about poverty.
I am so excited, but I definitely need to start refreshing my Spanish!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Que bueno! Estoy muy emocionada para ti! Si quieres, puedes venir a nuestra casa para practicar tu espanol! :)