Saturday, February 7, 2009

Tracking down criminals...1 article at a time

This week was one of my first experiences with writing "real crime" stories for The Daily Universe. While meeting with police to write the police beat this week, they mentioned that they had some footage for me. So I went in early the next morning and the lietenant gave me survelance footage of a laptop theif (there have been alot of stolen laptops on campus recently). So I got to watch the footage and feel like a real reporter, then we put it online so people can help identify the culprit.

Also this week, I learned how to count the number of hits my stories get online. So far they range from 150-750ish, depending on how exciting the story is. The surveliance video has almost 1000 hits!

http://newsnet.byu.edu/story.cfm/71056

No comments: