Monday, September 14, 2009

blisters the size of planets

I learned an important lesson about shoes today. But let me back track.

I am a comms major, and I forgot how cute people in my major are until I showed up in flip flops and a tshirt on the first day of school and felt horribly underdressed. Today I decided to look nicer, so I opted to put the flip flops aside and wear some lovely black wedges instead. By the time I got to my first class, my pinky toes were red and raw. Luckily I had two bandaids, so I put them on and thought I was safe. But oh no, I was so wrong. It got worse and worse, rubbing at every part of my foot so that I litterally took my shoes off as soon as I got to each class. I even led my first freshmen discussion group (one of my reasons for wearing nice shoes) barefoot. I had planned on staying on campus longer, but I couldn't take it anymore, so after work I hobbled home, literally limped home until I got to the edge of my complex and went barefoot.

I am now the proud owner of atleast 5 large blisters on each foot. I guess it's flip flops from now on.

No comments: