Sunday, July 19, 2009

a trip to mt. rainier

We took a lovely trip to Mt. Rainier yesterday. It was the perfect day to hike around the mountain. My dad and the scouts were just getting back from a grueling 50 miler around the mountain, and my mom, sister, bro-in-law and nephew and I did about...3 miles? but it was amazingly beautiful and I took way too many pictures.
That white spec in the sky is a kite flow by some of our fellow hikers at one of the peaks we hiked to. Rather pictureesque, don't you think?
Just communing with nature.
We eavesdropped some cyclists saying they felt like they were in Heidi or The Sound of Music. I have to agree it felt like that, only better.

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees while cares will drop off like autumn leaves"

-John Muir
(from a sign at the visitor center)

No comments: