Thursday, August 27, 2009

on top of it all

This is the SWKT (Spencer W. Kimball Tower...Swicket...the tallest building in Provo)

The other day a dream of mine came true when I finally climbed the flight of stairs past the 13th floor and went on the roof. We went on a tour of campus from the roof of the SWKT. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful view of Utah Valley.

We talked about focus and looking past just the academic part of school to service and ultimately to the temple. It was a great reminder of BYU's focus on education for eternity.

The northwest corner of campus...the Tanner Building, Hinckley Center, and the football stadium in the distance
Looking straight down from the SWKT to the keyhole planters on the JFSB quad and the library across the way

The southwest corner of campus..the JSB, Testing Center, and my home, the Brimhall Building in the middle, hub of BYU's Department of Communications.


Also, today is my mother's birthday.
She is the best lady I know.
Happy Birthday, Mom!
I'm sad I'm not there to celebrate with you, but I hope you have a lovely day!

1 comment:

kyliebrooke|s said...

i am officially jealous. i know i already told you that.