Sunday, January 10, 2010

nicolas cage lied

I've gone to the National Archives twice this week. Yes, that's right. Magna Carta, Declaration of Independence, Constitution, Bill of Rights. Twice.

Well, whenever I'm in or around the National Archives, I have the urge to re-enact National Treasure. Including taking a picture in the gift shop where Ben Gates makes his big credit card mistake.Yesterday, however, my dreams came crashing down. The guards around the Constitution told us, and google confirmed, that National Treasure wasn't filmed in the National Archives. it was a fake declaration in a mock-Archive studio. my life is in ruins.

However, the real Declaration and Constitution are pdc (pretty darn cool). All the guard would tell us about security is that the Constitution is surrounded by 24 karat gold and titanium. in other words, the best of the best. and it is always watched by guards. to quote one: "even when we're not here, big brother is always watching".
that's the last time I try to re-enact my favorite scene.

No comments: