Monday, February 1, 2010

one month.

Today is February 1.
One month ago today I was flying across the country, unprepared for this adventure and having mixed emotions.
my hometeachers asked me last night how the whole Washington Seminar/internship/Barlow Center thing is compared to what I thought it would be. Honestly, I didn't really think about it. I was too busy with the craziness of last semester to think about anything except just getting here, not about what would happen after. But honestly, this has been so much more than I could ever imagined. In the last month, I have experienced more, learned more, bonded more, and definitely laughed more than I ever thought I would. I have grown to see the potential in others and in myself, and I am loving (nearly) every minute of my time here. It's crazy to think I'm over 1/4 of the way done with this!

some favorite pictures from January:
washington! (Utah may have gotten in the way of my excited pointing)
this was one of the first days. crazy.
ok, so only my green sleeve is in this picture, but it was one of the greatest nights. also, the night we broke otis the elevator, who has been making strangely pained sounds ever since.

No comments: