Saturday, February 27, 2010

bounce back

a few weeks ago, I began to feel that DC had lost its luster, what with the snow-mania, indoor activities and all. It made me sad and scared me that this wonderful city was become passe. I wanted to regain that magic feeling I felt when coming out of the metro and on to the mall for the first time when I was 13.

Today was just what I needed.

My morning gym trip turned into a morning run on the most beautiful day I've had here. I ran to my go-to monument, the Lincoln Memorial, and took a trip to the Vietnam Memorial, and it hit me--this place is amazing. My morning jog took me to places people come on vacation. I live in the center of the free world, walk where the greats walked, and am in the middle of innovation, genius, and change. It feels good.
Coupled with the perfect girls shopping morning, frozen yogurt, eating Bill Cosby's favorite chili dog at the famous Ben's Chili Bowl, and some adventures around town and in the Barlow, I realized I am right where I need to be.

don't worry, The magic is back.

No comments: