Sunday, April 18, 2010

DC recap...

From the Capitol
to the White House,
New York
to Valley Forgeto Gettysburg,Snow-mageddon
to wonderful springtime,I mingled with some big-whigs,but really just loved living with some of the best people ever.
love DC
love the Barlow

It was in DC that I learned how to think, how to question and how to know what I believe.
It was in DC that I learned about politics, culture and people.
I grew and learned so much about myself.
I thrived on city life.
I figured out with certainty what I want to do with my life.
I learned how to be productive, but still enjoy life. Diligent, but adventurous.
I strengthened my relationship with my Savior.
I learned to be professional.
I lived with 40 stranger who quickly became some of my favorite people in the world.
I laughed, danced and sang my way through city streets and the Metro.
I loved my life.

What a blessing it was to spend the best semester ever in Washington, DC. I got a little teary-eyed as I flew out yesterday and reminisced because I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Love live BC/DC Winter 2010!

2 comments:

Breezy said...

Awwwwww!!!!! MICHELLE!!!!! I miss you...this recap made me want to cry!

LONG LIVE BCDC WINTER 2010!!

Erin said...

Reading this makes me wish it could go on, and I wasn't even there! I'm so glad you had a wonderful DC experience. It's an awesome place.