Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I have a new found love:
roller derby.
A group of us braved SE DC on Saturday for the DC Roller Girls league championship bout.

I was excited, but found roller derby isn't quite what I imagined. Yes, some of the girls are quite large. Their outfits are weird. They have crazy names (Condeleeza Slice? Lois Slain?) They push each other. But I didn't realize how much strategy is in the game. After the exhibition game was the championship: Scare Force One (motto: why we gotta be so awesome alla time?) vs DC DemonCats. By the end, we had the strategy down and were getting so into the game. and sitting in the "suicide seats" on the edge of the track and having some players slide into us was quite exciting too.Salt Lake has a roller derby league. You better believe we'll be going to check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...I wish i'd made it to that. you're not going to joing a team though...right? : )