Friday, May 21, 2010

fruit out my ears

In a fit of insanity around midnight last night, maybe due to the way too many peanut butter bars I ate, I decided to do a body detox. (somewhat reputable) websites say its a good thing, and Rachel did it last year, so it can't be that bad. The plan? eat only fruits and veggies for 3 days to cleanse my body of all the crap I eat.

Today was day 1.

8:00am: I woke up, ate a banana and walked to the store, spent buying out the produce section. pack-muled it home. There are now two huge bowls of fruits and veggies on the counter. My roommates applaud my healthiness. This feels good.

10:30am: I go to work, where my boss offers me trailmix. I politely say no. I can totally do this!

12:30pm: I eat (somewhat frozen) mango chunks for lunch. Not the best mango, but manageable

3:10pm: I go get an all-fruit pomegranate strawberry smoothie at Jamba. My entire walk back to work, all I can think about is how badly I want a piece of toast. Only 2.5 more days of this.

5:30pm: I come home, actually have time to make dinner, but eat another banana and some 100% organic grapefruit juice (I hope that's ok) instead. My eyes momentarily feel like they will fall out of their sockets, but it passes. I can do hard things. fruits and vegetables are my friend, and the internet says I will be rejuvenated and refreshed if I stick this out.

oh boy.

1 comment:

kyliebrooke|s said...

how was that shake? hmmmmm.... bwahahaha