Tuesday, May 4, 2010

in which I am a runner...

I'm trying to be a runner.
In DC, I ran to the White House every night. In Provo, I run sometimes.
Now I have a goal:
Heck no, not the marathon, but the Utah Valley 5k. Sure, it's only 3.1 miles, but it's something to work towards. My roommates (2 of whom are on the track team) + other "I want to be a runner" friends are doing it. and not just for the free tshirt, though it's a perk.

If you'll be in Provo on June 12th, come join.

and the good news is I think I'm getting that runner's high thing. Tonight at the indoor track, I just couldn't stop running and ended up doing 2 more laps after when I told myself I would stop.
what is happening to me?

3 comments:

kyliebrooke|s said...

dude, did you read that sign you posted? next to the runner it says, "pain you enjoy."
no thanks.
:)

Unknown said...

Michelle! I am so glad that you are loving running! I think I'm going to do a 10k this summer. My friends are running the half marathon, but I can't see myself running 13 miles. Keep up the good work. Running is a blast.

Anonymous said...

gotta run barefoot!
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/01/100127134241.htm

check these out to do it :)

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/barefooting/barefoot_running.cfm