Sunday, May 9, 2010

the women in my life...

I think Uncle Jesse says it best:


My darling mother is the best lady I know.
Everyone loves my mom because she is so kind and works with so many types of people. From our neighborhood association to her book club, she is always making other people happy.
She is adventurous and outdoorsy. She loves riding her bike to work and working in her gardens (yes, she has more than one).
She is awesome at Guitar Hero, obviously. She is so much fun!
She has an incredibly strong testimony and shares it everyday through her actions and great attitude. She is always looking out for everyone and taking care of everyone in our family who needs help. In the last few months, she has selflessly flown all over the country to help so many people in our family whenever they need it.
She is the best mom and an awesome example to my sisters and me. She and my dad have always given us the guidance and support we need, but the freedom to learn who we are and be independent.She plans awesome family gatherings, like this one. She is the best grandma and is always doing cute things for her grandkids. She is a wonderful friend and is so good at listening!
I love you, Mom!My sisters are also amazing mothers and great examples. Once they were pregnant at the same time (hence the picture). Their lives aren't easy, but they always have such positive attitudes and have shown me how to raise a strong family and have a great testimony.My grandmas are also incredible.
Grandma Treasure makes everyone feel like the most important person. Everything thinks they are her favorite grandchild, but we all really know its me. She gives great care packages and get super into playing games. Grandma T is the sweetest lady, but the most competitive grum player there is!Grandma Balzaretti is always doing something for other people. She loves her grandkids and great-grandkids and is always thinking of things for them. Grandma B is facing a tough fight with cancer, but has been a trooper through it all. I got to spend a week with her and Grandpa a few weeks ago, and she is still thinking about others and worrying about her lovely garden. Get better soon grandma, we are praying for you!


"Motherhood is near to divinity. it is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels.”
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: